IXL Recommendations are personalised suggestions for maths skills. They update in real time and are based on the individual student’s skill practice and demonstrated knowledge levels in the Real-Time Diagnostic, providing relevant guidance for each student’s next steps. With recommendations, students receive targeted support specific to their individual needs, while at the same time, they are empowered to explore and take ownership of their personal learning path.
There are 5 types of recommendations:
- Try something new: Start working on an introductory skill in a new topic that you haven’t explored yet.
- Work it out: Use these recommended building block skills to gain confidence and prepare for targeting your trouble spots.
- Keep at it: You’re making great progress! Continue to aim for excellence in this skill.
- Go for gold: You’ve entered the Challenge Zone in this skill; show off your knowledge and reach mastery.
- Next up: Since you’ve reached excellence (90 or higher) in a skill, build on your demonstrated knowledge by tackling these new skills.
Students can access their recommendations whenever they want on their Recommendations wall. To focus on one recommendation type, click on the square icon of the recommendation. All recommendations in that category will be highlighted. To see all recommendations from the Real-Time Diagnostic, click on the teal flag in any recommendation on the wall that is from the diagnostic arena.